For those professionals who are new to the concept of work from home due to the Corona Virus outbreak, here are some helpful tips to make your work from home a success and interesting. Most organizations, however, won’t give you all the flexibility that is actually available in work-from-home jobs. Rather, you have to maintain the same time schedule or office hours as you do on a regular basis in an office setting. So, how do you start?
Some helpful tips
- First of all, get yourself a dedicated workspace. It can be any room or space of your choice but make sure that there is no disturbance. Preferably, you should also have a desk space with a comfortable chair, a laptop, your phone, and good Internet connectivity. Creating a personalized office workspace keeps your home organized, gives you the feeling of “working” in an office environment and helps keep you focused on your work. Remember, at this time, you need to have a separate workspace from your family space.
- Maintain hygiene and cleanliness: Now that you are working from home, it is but obvious that you should also maintain the hygiene of your workspace. Keep a hand sanitizer on the office desk. Remind yourself to wash your hands at regular intervals even if you are staying indoors. Keep your workspace neat and clean.
- Dress for work: Many of you might think that since you are working from home, you can comfortably work in your pajamas or nightdress. But this should not be the case. It is important that you start your work with a fresh mind and keep a positive attitude. It is better to look good and feel good while working. So dress up well for your work.
- Set a time schedule: You need to follow your office time schedule. Of course, you can make way for a flexible arrangement as per your convenience as there is no boss keeping an eye on you. Yet, it is for your own benefit that you should set a time schedule and stick to it. Routine helps in a smooth transition of your work-life and makes it easy for you to handle your work.
- Take regular breaks: When you are working in an office, you take breaks in between, right? You can do the same at home too. In fact, it is very essential to take breaks at regular intervals – munch something healthy, stretch yourself, stroll around just as you would in an office. You shouldn’t stay glued to your work all day and make it monotonous.
- Stay in touch with your boss and co-workers: Communication is very essential as you are working from home. It is important to stay connected with your boss and co-workers and keep yourself and your work updated.
- Last but not the least, be positive and stay healthy: Social distancing is the call of the day at this time of crisis. Stay home and away from other people, and make your work from home a success. Be positive. Eat healthy stuff, keep your immunity stronger, keep yourself hydrated, drink hot soup, munch healthy nuts, and if possible, meditate at least for 10 to 15 minutes every day.