Every one of us likes to remain healthy, fit, and happy, isn’it? But, is this possible by doing nothing? Absolutely not! To maintain a healthy living, it is very essential to follow a regular fitness regime, along with a healthy and balanced diet. You always feel like starting an exercise or a workout routine but for some reasons you don’t start it. Remember exercises are not meant only to have a perfect body figure, exercises are much more than that. So, no more excuses, it’s time to start working out today.
4 Reasons You Should Start Working Out Today
Especially for women in 50s who are in their menopausal period, keeping a healthy body and mind is very essential. After devoting your entire time and energy to your family, kids and husband, it’s time for you to rejuvenate yourself (in case if you have not) for a much better and happier life.
Increase your happiness levels
Don’t we all want to be happy in life? It might sound strange, but scientific studies have shown that after doing a good workout, you really feel good. Any kind of exercise, be it a vigorous or mild or a moderate workout, it does give a sense of pleasant feeling. The reason being, when we do exercises, our endocrine system in the body releases feel-good hormones which play an important role in making you happy and bring about a sense of wellbeing. Exercise is so powerful that it has the ability to treat and prevent depression as per many research reports. Thus, start working out today and see what difference it makes in your life as it will make you happy in the long run.
Increase your confidence level as you learn to achieve your goals
When you do exercises, you set a goal for yourself. For instance, may be in the beginning, you invest 15 minutes of your time for your exercises. These can be any exercises: running, jogging, walking, swimming, yoga, stretching or any other forms of workouts. Gradually, you decide to increase the time limit. From 15 minutes, you set a goal to do exercises for 30 minutes, then to 1 hour and next to 90 minutes, and so on. Setting and achieving fitness goals give you an immense sense of satisfaction and confidence and teach you to set a goal for yourself in life, be it in your work or anything else. You work hard and you try to achieve that goal. Working out regularly makes you believe that whoever works hard and exerts effort, they reap the rewards in life. Setting goals and achieving them change you as a person, help you to overcome fears and weaknesses, and help you to succeed in life. When you start achieving small successive fitness goals, it improves your confidence level in life too.
Boost your metabolism and energy levels along with improved memory strength
When you start your day with a fitness regime, your metabolism works better. When you stay active, your metabolism works faster than when your body is at rest. This gives you more energy to get your body working efficiently. So, it’s very necessary to give up the lethargic attitude, and the first thing to do in the morning is to some light exercises on your own. Doing so will release the much-needed energy booster for the entire day. And, studies have also shown that exercise significantly increases your mental strength and memory power too, which helps to put you in a healthy frame of mind.
Health benefits of workouts
Last but not the least, how can we ignore the health benefits of regular workouts? There is not one but many health benefits for which you should start working out today:
- Healthy heart: Exercise makes your heart stronger, and thus reduces your risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Sleep better: Regular exercises can help you to have a better sleep every night. So, if you are suffering from insomnia, get rid of the problem with regular workouts.
- Boost strength and flexibility: By doing workouts every day, it will help to boost your muscle strength, make your body more flexible, help in balance of your body, maintain bone density, and reduce joint pain.
- Improve skin health: With stress, age, and environmental factors, your skin shows visible lines of damage as your body’s antioxidants cannot prevent the damage of the free radicals of the skin cells. But, regular exercises can help in the production of natural antioxidants in the body, stimulate blood flow, repair skin cells, and thereby shows improved skin health and keep your skin younger.
- Maintain body weight and helps in weight loss: Lack of exercises is one main factor in obesity and weight gain. With regular exercises, you can lose weight. Regular workouts help you to maintain your weight and stay healthy.
- Prevents chronic diseases: Exercises help in improving insulin sensitivity and maintaining sugar level in the body. Exercises help in controlling blood pressure level and decreasing blood fat levels in the body, and so on. All these prevent the risk of chronic diseases in your body. Regular exercises can keep your body fit and healthy.
To sum up
Be it in the production of hormones to make you feel happy or boost your energy or help you sleep better or to increase your confidence or to help you live a healthy and fit life, exercises or workouts thus, provide incredible benefits in the overall health of yours. So what are you waiting for? Start your workout today and see noticeable results within few days.