So you have decided to start your morning exercise regime but you are at a loss as to how to go about it. Or maybe you have already started doing your fitness exercises but you are not following a perfect routine to give the perfect results. In such a case, you will come across many situations and temptations all around to break away from the fitness regime and you won’t be able to reach your wellness goals. Going by the fact that exercises are one of the best ways to keep yourself fit and healthy, it is always better to have a Monthly Exercise Calendar and to follow it.
What is a Monthly Exercise Calendar?
Monthly Exercise Calendar is a planned fitness schedule for you for the entire month or week. You prepare an exercise calendar, on which you include each and every exercise activity of yours for all the days of the week with specific timings, and you follow the schedule to keep yourself fit and healthy. A monthly exercise calendar helps you to do your exercises in a planned and systematic manner so that you don’t miss out any exercises and you don’t have to worry on which exercise to do on which day. You prepare a monthly routine, ahead in time. You just need to glance on the Monthly Exercise Calendar every morning and start doing your workouts.
How does a Month Exercise Calendar help you?
- First of all, you set yourself a goal for everyday workout and you try to achieve that for the day, whether at home or in gym. When you know what you have to do, you can prepare yourself both mentally and physically for the workout. This way, you can also achieve your specific long-term fitness goals.
- No matter how busy you are for the day or you have limited time with many tasks at hand, your workout is already on your exercise calendar and you have to do it. You cannot skip it for another day. You keep your appointment with workouts and fitness regime judiciously.
- It will help you to keep track of your fitness regime and also to see your achievements like as weight loss, or achieving a target of running a specific distance in a fixed time, or changes in measurement charts, and so on.
- It helps you stick with the fitness program and stay on track. If you don’t have a planned schedule, it becomes very easy to skip out. If you lose the momentum even for a day, it becomes very difficult to come back on track again.
- By planning ahead, you stay focused as you know exactly what you have to do.
- By adhering to a monthly fitness calendar, you stay motivated to achieve your goal, and this helps in your daily life too in other aspects to stay focused and motivated.
- And, last but not the least, it will help you manage your time more efficiently.
How to Get Started?
- Set goals, specific, attainable and concrete goals, for the month.
- Plan a number of exercises that can help you achieve your goals. Remember, you need to include both cardiovascular and strength training exercises in your monthly exercise plan. Take the help of professional experts if need be.
- Take your measurements before starting the exercise regime.
- Schedule your first month’s activity on the exercise calendar
- If it is for the first time, you are starting your exercise regime, then you can plan rest days in between. But once you get into the mold of a regular fitness freak, keep all days available for exercises to get better results.
Here is how you can prepare your Monthly Exercise Calendar
- Set your goals: Here, three things are to be considered. What are the goals for the month, why do you need to follow these goals (i.e., motivation) and what are your rewards?
- Plan your workouts: For each day, you need to plan in advance which exercises are you going to do. This will help you to include all types of workouts in your fitness routine. Your workouts and exercises should neither be too complicated nor too easy.
- Create a realistic time schedule, something that you can actually follow.
- Include all the exercises that you can do: Working out by following an organized exercise schedule, which includes all forms of exercises, make you accountable to your exercises.
- Track your calendar: It is always better to mark on the calendar what you have achieved and what you have not. This will help you gear up more for achieving your goals.
- Make your own schedule. Do not follow another person’s schedule.
- Check your Monthly Exercise Calendar every day
- Your exercise schedule will help you to maintain a routine. Follow it religiously till the time it becomes a habit.
- Start at a slow pace when you begin
- Plan 2-3 cardiovascular and 2-3 strength training workouts every week but do them on alternate days
- Find time for workouts.
- Follow the same time for workouts.
- You can use the Monthly Exercise Calendar for both home and gym exercises.
- This can be in a printed form which can be kept in a prominent location so that you can see it clearly and follow it. In fact, you can also keep a track of it, write the changes, see your progress, and adjust if required.
- You can also have your Monthly Exercise Calendar on your smartphone with reminder beep.