Top 9 Exciting Things To Do
You are in that professional phase of your life when you feel that your job is dragging you, your job has become monotonous for you, and no longer exciting as earlier. What to do next? Either you change your job or you take a career break. Although taking a career break is not a very easy decision, yet for those who have already made up their mind, there are many ways by which you can make the best use of this break and make it more fruitful and enjoyable.
Top 9 Exciting Things to do When You are on a Career Break
- Do not regret: First of all, you should never regret your decision. Not many people can think of a career break. So you must consider yourself lucky to be able to make this decision, taking in mind your finances, family relationships and of course your inner self. But, always remember to be able to use the time in an appropriate manner, instead of letting it pass by just like any other day.
- Rekindle your interest, passion and hobby: Do you have any childhood passion? It can be anything: sports, music, acting, singing, dancing, teaching, cooking, crocheting, painting, tailoring and many more. This is the time, you can go back to your hobbies and infact you can also attend classes related to your interest. It is said that when you fulfil your passion or hobby, it makes you a complete person. This also helps you in your job when you join back because it shows your inherent desire to try, learn and relearn something that you are passionate about.
- Travel around the globe: There is nothing like getting a good chance to travel around the world. Imagine, you don’t have to apply for leave, you can travel whenever you want to as per your convenience without thinking about work, and you can even travel during off-season time. Make use of this break to travel to some of the exciting places that you have in your mind. Explore new places, new food, new culture, language and many more exciting things.
- Be adventurous: Try out new things that you had never tried in your life so far. May be you can try adventurous sports like bungee jumping or paragliding, or maybe you can try trekking or rafting. The idea is to challenge something that you are not comfortable with it. Otherwise, you might end up spending your career break period doing nothing and just lazing around.
- Upgrade your skills: The career break time period is the best time to review at your current skills, career aspirations, and new developments in the job market. You can undergo training to learn a new programming language or to design a new software or take up a new course of study. But, whenever you take up a new training program or course, make sure you get the training from a reliable source, who gives you certification of the same at the end of the program. There are many online training programs offered by GharSeNaukri.com that you can avail yourself to learn at the comforts of your home.
- Work from home: There are many who take a career break, just for taking care of the kids or due to some family obligations. Under such circumstances, you may consider options to work from home. There are companies and specialised job portals like as www.gharsenaukri.com showcasing freelancing job opportunities, flexible jobs, part-time options, and project-based work. Register on the site to find the best possible fit with your requirements.
- Relax: While you have ample time for yourself during the career break, do not over exert yourself by indulging in lot many activities that interest you. Relax. Medicate. Do yoga. Exercise. Get yourself some ”ME” time just to relax yourself.
- Volunteer: Explore volunteering works. This will give you a chance to go out of your home for fixed hours and this can also help you to back into the work routine when you join back. Skill based volunteering works in NGOs helps you to keep yourself productive, sharpen your skills and also help you to contribute to a worthy cause.
- Consider entrepreneurship: Last but not the least, one best option for someone taking a career break to make it more worthwhile is to opt for entrepreneurship. Why not launch your own venture? This is not a very easy option but it is always better to take risk in life. You never know when such a risk taking decision gives you the best results. If you are good at any skill, convert it into a business idea. WomenInBusiness.in is a unique portal designed for women entrepreneurs of the country. Register on the site, display your product and wait for genuine queries. This online platform explores the world of opportunities for women having any.