It is recommended to update your profile on GharSeNaukri.com time-to-time as employers usually connect with those candidates who have recently updated their profiles. While updating, you need to consider the following:
- Update your dashboard profile on GharSeNaukri.com
- Update your resume uploaded on GharSeNaukri.com
- Update your community profile in Women Networking Group
Update your dashboard profile as given on GharSeNaukri.com
You can update your profile only after you login to GharSeNaukri.com using your registered username and password. Once you have logged in, you see the dashboard of your active/default profile.
- Now, you can edit your profile by editing all the relevant fields. This includes: experience, key skills, type of employment, category of work, job role, current status, industry and so on. Once done, click on Proceed.
- On the second page which gives your personal information and educational background, edit the relevant fields which require changes like as your address or phone number.
- If you have taken up further educational qualification or any certification or if there is any change in salary, edit those fields.
- Now, click on Submit
- Your dashboard profile is now updated on GharSeNaukri.com
Update your resume uploaded on GharSeNaukri.com
Along with updating your profile on the dashboard, it is also necessary to upload the latest resume of yours. On the right side at the top of your default or active profile page, you will see the option Update Resume/CV . Choose your latest resume and upload it.
Tips to write a good resume
It is to be noted that while your dashboard profile gives a brief summary of your education and experience, recruiters still prefer to check on the latest resume to know more about you in details. In order to make your resume look more appropriate for recruiters, keep the following things in mind:
- Focus on your KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE with precision
- Do not make your resume too long. Make it short and crisp so that recruiters get the relevant information easily and quickly
- Better to avoid mentioning hobbies, dreams and aspirations on your resume
- Your specialities and unique facts about yourself should be given more prominence
Update your community profile
- On the top navigation of your dashboard, click on Women Networking Group.
- Select the relevant type of “GharSe….” from the dropdown list
- Give a catchy headline so that it easily attracts the recruiters
- Insert a professional photograph of yours
- Now describe yourself. This is the most important field where you need to stress on your skills, experience, expertise and the responsibilities taken so far so that the recruiters know exactly who you are and what you do. Summarize yourself well and make your recruiters know what type of Jobs you are looking for.