The Top 10 Popular Work-From Home Jobs in India
With the growing need for work-life balance in today’s age of stress and competitions, more and more professional women are opting for work-from-home options or flexible jobs. According to a research report, in India, a number of work-from-home options are coming up which are varied types of online jobs and people are earning anything from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 1 lakh per month or above, depending on the time devoted to it. The advantages of a work-from-home job are that there is not much of an investment, you work without stepping out of your home and you can earn money. In our previous article, we had discussed about the Top Ten Upcoming Flexible Jobs in India. Let’s now take a look at the most popular work-from-home jobs in India. These are online jobs which have already made its mark in the market and are the most chosen part-time jobs in the country today.
- Medical Transcriptionist:The role of a medical transcriptionist is to transcribe recorded medical instructions and messages made by doctors far away in any part of the globe. With a computer and a fast internet connection, along with a first-rate earpiece, a medical transcriptionist can work efficiently from home. There are many online websites where you can look for work as a medical transcriptionist and join as a freelancer medical transcriptionist or you can join a company that offers medical transcription jobs and allows you to work from home. A prior course or experience in medical transcription is an added advantage. Or, the company who hires you will provide the necessary training.
- Web Developer: This is one of the most common work-from-home jobs in India. Nowadays, all businesses require their official websites. Instead of hiring a professional web development company, many start-ups prefer to hire freelancers as web developers. So if you have the necessary skill of programming codes and designing, you can try for web developing work at your home only. A single web design can fetch you quite a good amount of money. With more projects in your portfolio, you can easily earn Rs. 150,000- 200,000 per month.
- Data Entry: For a woman with limited experience and qualification, data entry job is perfect. It is one of the simplest ways by which you make money online. All you need to have is a computer, fast internet, fast typing and copy-pasting skills. You can work at home according to any time that suits you.
- Translator: Besides English and Hindi, most people in India know other languages as well like as their mother tongue and some foreign languages like as French, German etc. The knowledge of more than one language opens up work opportunities as translators for many. There are needs of quality translation services from Indian and Western businesses or authors. You can join as a freelance translator and work in your convenient timing from the comforts of your home.
- Travel Agent:Nowadays, there are ample opportunities for women to work-from-home as travel agents and holiday consultants. They are given proper training on designing and selling holiday packages, booking flights, railway tickets, bus tickets, booking hotels and so on for their clients and they get a commission for themselves. The more they sell, the more they earn. Many reputed travel companies like as SOTC are offering wonderful earning opportunities for women to work as holiday experts.
- Freelance Writer: This is one job profile which is gaining more and more importance in recent years as content is the king for any websites. For popularity of your website, business, brand, product or service, the content is the window and hence all businesses look for a proficient web content writer. Talented freelance writers are always in demand. You can create a profile on various freelance websites and apply for freelance content writing jobs. While initially these freelance sites may not offer you the best price, but once you have a number of projects to display, you can quote your price as per word count or in lump-sum. This is one of the most popular work-from-home jobs in India.
- Call-Center Representative: Working in BPOs as a call-center representative was a trend till a few years back. Though the concept of BPO is not so popular in today’s age, yet the demand for call center representatives is still there. If you have prior experience of working in a call center, you can do this job at home, responding to inbound phone calls from customers and assist them as per their needs. But the only hitch here is that you have to work according to the timings of foreign countries, which means you have to work night-shifts.
- Be a blogger: If you have the apt for writing anything that interests you, then create your own blog. Blogging not only helps in bringing out your inherent writing capability but also helps in earning money. This is basically your own business – you are not working for anyone but for yourself. You can earn money as a blogger from Google Adsense or as an affiliate marketer for sites like as Amazon, Clickbank, etc. This takes time as in the initial few months, you may not earn money but slowly when your blog becomes popular, people visit your blog and click on the ads displayed, you start earning. You will need to be patient when you create a blog to earn money.
- Selling your hand-made goods online: If you have the skills in making crafts and making handmade goods like as candles, gift items, decorative products, knitting items or if you are good in baking or anything else, then you can sale your products online. Create a profile in websites like as in (India’s first portal exclusively for displaying entrepreneurial skills of women), display your products on the site, and fix a price for your products. Once, you receive an order, ask your logistics partner to deliver it. This is your own business and womeninbusiness.in helps you to showcase your products to your customers
- Be a You Tuber:Make your own Youtube videos. Make a You Tube channel on any talent of yours. It can be a cooking channel or a channel to share beauty tips, make up tips, hair styles or a Youtube channel on singing, dancing, playing musical instrument and so on. If you are not camera shy and if you feel that you have some inherent talent, then making your own Youtube video can be the right platform for you. It works on a similar model like a blog and as you make yourself popular and your subscribers grow, your earning potential also grows.
Are you interested in working from home and earn money? Then register yourself at GharSeNaukri.com and apply for work-from-home and part-time jobs of your choice.