In the age of today’s highly competitive markets, the thumb rule to be successful is to make new customers and retain the existing ones. Here, the role of telecalling executives becomes very important as it is the responsibility of the telecalling executives to make calls to the existing and prospective customers and generate leads for the business. Every business, brand, product, services need to be informed to the end users and one best way to do this is to call them and inform them. Telecallers work as either marketing/sales agents or as customer care agents. The telecalling job of a sales agent is to make calls to customers to sell goods and services, while customer care agents attend to customers’ queries related to the goods and services.
Few years back, BPOs or call centers in India were on a hiring spree for telecallers and it was one of the most popular jobs for young boys and girls. However, today, the situation is slightly different. This has become one of the most favorable jobs for women and young girls. Many organizations prefer to hire only female candidates for this profile. Telecalling jobs have become very popular among housewives. Many organizations hire women to work-from-home for few hours as telecallers. Home-based telecalling has become very popular.
Requirements to be a Telecaller
- Preferably a graduate
- Knowledge on computer and handling spreadsheets to maintain the records
- Good communication skills
- Good marketing skills
Work from Home Telecaller Jobs for Women
When you work from home as a telecaller, your profile is mainly in the role of a marketing or sales agent and not as a customer care agent. Depending on the type of industry in which you are engaged in, the roles will vary. But, the basic objective remains the same: to make calls to the existing and new customers and generate leads for the business. Many organizations provide training for the job. You work at your free time and earn money. This has become one of the best part time jobs for moms.
Some popular telecalling jobs are available in the travel and tourism sector, in the HR industry, in hospitality sector, health care sector and so on.
When you join as a telecaller and work from home, keep a note of the following in order to be successful:
- First of all, set aside few hours for yourself just for this job
- You need a space for yourself to call and maintain the records
- Make sure there is no disturbance at the background
- Get a clear idea and basic objective of calling a person
- You will be provided with the list of clients that you need to call
- Be persistent in your work. You might come across rude customers while calling but you need to be patient and handle the situation tactfully.
- Be very courteous and polite while giving introduction of yourself and your company.
- If a customer does not want to speak to you at that moment, be polite, fix up another appointment. This shows the respect you have for the person.
- Before calling, make a list of questions.
- Don’t speak too fast
- Be confident while speaking
- Last but not the least, close the call in a proper way to keep a relationship or for making a second call in the near future.