The increase in flexible employment is a trend that is seen for quite some time now in many countries, including India. Why there has been a rise in flexible staffing in a country like India where people till a few years back were accustomed to a regular 9 to 6 job?
What is flexible employment?
Flexible working is a method of working that is customized to suit the needs of the employee. It is an alternative to traditional set pattern of working for 8 to 9 hours. The best part is that the employees can work from home or at flexible hours or for a limited time period for a particular project. For employers, the advantage is that you hire employees for a temporary period, which in turn reduces the operational and management costs of permanent employees. In a report published in Livemint (CIETT Economic Report 2016, Motilal Oswal Securities), while the average global flexi staffing penetration was at approximately 1.6%, India’s flexi staffing penetration was just at approximately 0.5%. However, the scenario will be a much better one with the recent implementation of the goods and services tax (GST) and the Indian organized flexi-staffing sector is set to grow much bigger as more and more organizations in India are nowadays opting for flexible staffing.
How will GST help?
With GST scenario, the organizations or the clients can take input tax credit from the government only if the flexible staffing agency that provides services the client pays the service tax to the government. This will compel more and more firms to move to staffing agencies that are organized and comply with rules and pay taxes.
Benefits of flexible staffing
According to the opinion of expert analysts at Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd, if the central government takes up exhaustive labour law reform, flexi staffing is expected to be relatively cheaper. According to brokerage firm Ambit Capital Pvt. Ltd, flexible staffing is much more cheaper than permanent recruitment which includes the cost on an average life time of an employee in an organization.
Flexible employment is beneficial in both ways: Firms hiring flexi staffing services are benefitted as it will save on employee costs and it also has the flexibility of hiring as and when required. Firms offering flexible services or individuals on flexible jobs also gain as they can work on more than one project as per their convenient time and can earn more.
Madan Sabnavis, chief economist at CARE Ratings pointed out that in the present scenario in the country where job opportunities are not going hand-in-hand with the rise in the working population, a rise in temporary staffing, flexible jobs, part-time jobs should be seen as a positive sign as it is always better to remain employed for few months than to remain completely unemployed. It is also seen that one-fifth of the employees who take up temporary jobs get absorbed into the organization sooner or later.
Organisations in today’s age need to be more flexible so as to accommodate market changes. The flexible staffing market in India is on its way for rapid growth and in few years, Indian staffing market will be the largest in the world. According to industry reports, the temporary or flexible jobs’ workforce is likely to account for 10% of the country’s formal sector employment by 2025. India has one of the largest flexi staffing employee numbers in the world, next only to China and the US. India can very well surpass other countries considering the size of temporary staff employed in the organised sector in the next 10 years.
Indian organizations of various industry domains are hiring employees on a contract basis nowadays. Though such contractual jobs are usually of jobs at the lower end of the hierarchy, like as accounting, sales, data entry, backend operations, and regular administrative tasks, however flexible job recruitment has also started to include mid-and senior-level roles in IT, engineering and retail sector among others. The retail sector is expected to grow at 10 to 12% per annum, making it the most lucrative option for a huge growth in flexible staffing. At present, the government of India employs a temporary workforce of about 12.3 million and this figure is expected to grow more. Contract staffing in the IT and ITES industry is also likely to increase from 10 to 20% in the next few years.
Needless to say, firms which are engaged in the flexi staffing business in India will benefit.
GharSeNaukri.com is one of the leading job portals in the country, specially designed keeping in mind the women professionals of our country. If you are looking for flexible jobs, part-time jobs, work from home jobs, register on the site today and apply for jobs in relation to your qualification, experience and skill.
Mrs. D Jyothi Reddy: From an Agricultural Labourer to a CEO in USA
Meet Mrs. D Jyothi Reddy from Warangal in Hyderabad. She is a story of achieving the impossible, a story of inspiration for many of us.
Jyothi was born to a very poor family in Warangal and due to poor financial conditions, she was sent into a welfare orphanage where she grew up as a motherless child, inspite of having a family.
Since childhood, she developed a strong determination to make her future bright. And thus she worked hard towards creating a better life for her. She attended a government school while at the orphanage. She also worked with a family as a household maid and in between her works, she took a vocational course. At a tender age of 16, she got married to her cousin and soon became a mother of 2 children. To run her family, she worked as an agricultural labourer for a daily wage of Rs. 5. Later, she became a Volunteer of Nehru Yuva Kendra (NYK), a government scheme to empower the youth and she started teaching the village children. She continued her studies while doing various kinds of odd jobs such as stitching, tailoring, selling sarees to meet the family’s expenses. Soon, she completed her graduation as well as her post graduation. After completion of her post graduation, she got a special teacher job for a salary of Rs. 398 per month. A chance encounter with one of her relatives in the US made her think about going to the United States, the land of dreams for many. She went to US by leaving her two daughters in a missionary hostel. But before that she also did a computer course to get a job in the States. She did many odd jobs there too like as a baby sitter, loading and unloading goods, working in a gas station and so on. She then joined a company called CS America but she continued with her odd jobs for survival. Soon she started developing this killer instinct to start her own business.
She visited Mexico once for stamping. Here she realized that she could start her own company as she had ideas with the paperwork involved with the Visa Processing. By this time, she had some savings of $40000. In 2001 October, she opened an office in Phoenix. Today, she is known as the CEO of Keys software solutions in USA, creating revenues in the millions. She is also involved with many philanthropic endeavours, serving rural India. Her two daughters moved to the States and completed their education in the schools there.
Her story of rags to riches is indeed a story of inspiration. Her story is a perfect example of “You are the creator of your own destiny”
So ladies, always dream to achieve big in life. If you have the will and passion to do something in life then nobody can stop you. GharSeNaukri.com was launched with the sole intention to empower women. Register with us today. Looking for suitable work-from-home jobs or part-time jobs here. Work and earn money and do something meaningful in life.
A woman taking up work-from-home job is slowly setting its trend in Indian job market in recent years. When you work from home, there are many benefits: you give time to your family, you don’t have to commute, you work according to your convenience and you earn money. One of the most important reasons for which most Indian women leave their jobs is when they find it difficult to maintain work-life balance. So, many women opt for part-time or work-from-home jobs as it gives them the chance to find work-life balance. Maintaining a work-life balance is very essential in today’s age of stress, hypertension and competition. When you take a flexible job and work remotely but at the same time stress yourself by working round the clock with no time for yourself and family, then what is the point in taking up a work-from-home job? No matter how much you love your job, you always need time to relax and rejuvenate and find work-life balance.
ALSO READ “10 Success Tips for a Work from Home Mom” (http://blog.gharsenaukri.com/10-success-tips-work-home-mom/)
Tips to achieve and maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Know your strengths: When you have decided to work from home, always take up a project or job that you know you are sure of doing it and completing it on time. Focus on your strengths first. Take one or two projects at a time as per your capability and not many projects at one go. Just because you are working from home does not mean that you can be a multi-tasker and you are always and easily available.
- Time prioritization: Prioritize your time as per your tasks. If you have a to-do list with a number of tasks on it (both official and personal), you need to prioritize those tasks: (a) Urgent and important (b) Important but not urgent (c) Urgent but not important (d) Neither urgent nor important. Prioritizing time helps you to do your tasks efficiently without making it too stressful.
- Give yourself a personal time: Most women who work from home usually prefer to work during the time when the kids are in school. Once the kids come back home, you are again on your toes. So when it comes for your own personal time and space, you tend to ignore it and get yourself buried in your office and household work. But, this is bad. Give a personal time for yourself. You can use this time to read, listen to music, to watch TV, to do exercise, to sleep. You need your “me” time just to do anything you like.
- Schedule your work hours: Just because you work from home does not mean that you can work at any time. You need to have set work hours and you need to stick to that. Otherwise, there is every chance that you will be working until midnight every night because you did not get time to complete your office tasks and got busy with your normal household tasks.
- Manage your time for a long term as well: Maintain a diary for important dates and events like as birthdays, anniversaries, marriages, kids school events, social commitments, including holidays. Remember that you are unavailable for work on those days, even if you have taken up a work-from-home job.
- Step out of your home: When you work from home, at times you can get lonely when everyone in the house leave for their respective works and you are alone working for yourself. So step out of your home, maybe for a small household errand. Or schedule some time to meet your old friends or old colleagues. It is always better to stay connected.
- Manage your mind and relax yourself: This is very essential. When you are in fear or anxiety or in self-doubt, try to strengthen your mental health through meditation or reading. Otherwise, spend time with someone who will enlighten you, support you and make you feel better.
- Take a break: Remember to take time out when you work from home. Take a coffee break or snack time break, the stuff that you normally do when you are working in an office. Give yourself a lunch break. If needed, take a short and sweet afternoon nap and then start working again with a fresh mind.
- Have that holiday: Whether with family or friends, make time for a holiday. Use those summer vacations or winter vacations of kids for a holiday outside. Make sure that you spent some quality time with them. Even a long weekend break somewhere nearby is better than nothing. Short holidays will definitely rejuvenate your body and mind. This is very essential for a work-life balance.
- Maintain your health: Last but not the least, maintaining your health and a healthy lifestyle is very essential in today’s age. Eat healthy, do exercises, sleep on time and get proper sleep. If you follow a healthy way of living, you can implement the same for your family too.
Thus, when you work-from-home, make sure you follow the tips given above to maintain a perfect work-life balance.
For exciting work-from-home opportunities, register on GharSeNaukri.com or send your resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work from home is one of the latest trends in today’s age. Infact, in the USA, there are millions of Americans working from home, with occasional visits to their head offices and making their homes their primary offices. In India, the work-from-home concept is still at a nascent stage and is more popular for women than men. Work life balance is the new mantra for modern women today. There is a myth that work-from-home women professionals are not as successful as their colleagues working on-site. Working from home and maintaining a perfect balance between professional and personal lives can be a very successful one for women provided they know what to do, when and how.
Given below are few tips for a successful career for a work-from-home mom:
1. Set a time schedule: The first basic rule is to set a time schedule for work and following this schedule regularly. This helps you to get into the work mode in a systematic manner and allows you to stay on work throughout the day. Flexibility is one prime reason for which women prefer to work from home nowadays. But even then, it is better to make a routine and stick to it, though it should not be a binding one and make way for flexible arrangement as and when required.
2. Create an office space: Before starting your work from home, make sure that you have a personal space for yourself. Maybe the corner of your bedroom (if you have a little baby) or a study room or the backyard of your home or may be a store room. But, whichever space you choose, make sure that you can convert it into a small workspace. Remember, you don’t need many things: you just need a flat work surface, a chair, a laptop, your phone and a storage cabinet. Creating a personalized space for office work keeps your home organized, gives you the feeling of “working” in an office environment and helps keep you focused in your work. Separate work space from family space.
3. Dress up for work: Since you work from home, you feel that you are free to work in your night suit and pajamas, as there is no dress code. But this should not be the case. It is important that you start your work with fresh mind and a keep a positive mental outlook. It is better to look good and feel good while working. So dress up well for your work.
4. Proper infrastructure: Two basic things that are essential requirements to be successful while working from home are to have a reliable phone and a fast Internet connection. The reason being these are your connections to your employer for whom you are working. You must be available for your employer as and when required. Hence, your phone must always be fully charged and your Internet must be fast enough for speedy downloading of important documents and mails.
5. Stay in touch with your boss and co-workers: Communication is vey essential for a successful work-from-home career. You are given your task list for the month or the week and you always deliver your work on time while working from home. But, do not forget the old adage: “Out of sight, out of mind”. It is important to stay in touch with your boss and co-workers. Communication with your employer, be it for work or for personal greetings in special occasions, is very essential to be successful when you are a remote worker. It is important to stay connected.
6. Avoid distractions: There is a myth that it is easy to work from home. The real truth is that it is not so easy to work from home as when you are at home, you have hundreds of other thoughts and household works in your mind which can distract you from your actual work. The thumb rule here is that just as you schedule your office work time, schedule your time for other household works too. Try completing part of your household chores in the morning before you start your office work. Take a break for lunch, do some small household task, take rest for some time and then resume your work. Once your office work gets over in the evening, complete your other tasks. This way, you can avoid distractions and keep your mind under control. Fix time for different activities.
7. Show professionalism: You should not give up your professional attitude when you work from home. Be professional in your work as well as in your appearance and behavior. If you need to attend a video conferencing, make sure that you have a clean space dedicated for it, away from home clutter. Deliver your work on time to maintain professionalism.
8. Expand your circle: When you work from home, you usually tend to isolate yourself. You get busy with your work and home. But, do not forget to build your network and maintain relationships. Get in touch with people who are in the same type of jobs as yours, not only from the organization in which you are working but also from other organizations. Maintaining your network is very essential to be successful when you work from home.
9. Manage your mobile phone: While you will need your mobile phone for managing your office work, make sure it does not distract you. So no Facebook or WhatsApp during office work. Infact, it is better to turn off any notifications that might distract your attention while you are working. You can check these messages once you are done with your work.
10. To-Do list: Last but not the least, it is always better to keep a To-Do List. Maintain a diary for your personal and household works and an excel sheet for your office work. Don’t miss out on anything important. Mark them in your calendar. Create your own deadlines. There might be circumstances when your kids will become a priority against your work. Nothing wrong in that. Be flexible.
If you are really interested in getting work from home options, get in touch with us at email@example.com or register at gharsenaukri.com.
Can anyone ever imagine that someone would leave his /her prestigious, secured job in a reputed organization to do something he/she is passionate about? Well, we are talking about Ms. Swati Kaushal, India’s one of the leading best-selling authors. She left her corporate job just to follow her passion.
Swati Kaushal was born and brought up in New Delhi. She was a graduate from LSR and a post graduate from the prestigious institution IIM Calcutta, Soon after her post-graduation, she joined the corporate world of Nestle and worked there for 6 years. Next for 1 year, she was with Nokia India. With a well-paying corporate job that would have made her future secure, who would have ever thought that she would give up her job just to follow her dreams and passion. Sounds strange, isn’it? But that’s exactly what she did. During her 7 years of working, she realized that she was just following a monotonous life and it was not something that she really liked doing it. And then she left her brand management job at Nokia to fulfill her dream of becoming a writer.
Though she was not happy with the job that she was doing at Nestle and Nokia, yet, one positive thing that she could take from her work was to write and write, even if it meant writing punch lines and taglines for various products. Though, initially she was slightly reluctant to leave her job and her friends found the idea of leaving her job not a great idea, yet eventually she made up her mind and decided to take the plunge.
Once she left her job, she felt light within herself and she was free of all bonds. She started writing. Her first novel was a chick-lit novel titled “Piece of Cake” and it was first published in 2004. The book was well-received by the young and old and soon got translated into three languages. Six editions of the book have been published so far.
Her next book was “A Girl Like Me” published in 2008, another best-selling book where she wrote about her awkward teenage years. In 2012, she wrote her third book “Drop Dead”, a real-life story about Senior Detective Niki Marwah of the Himachal Police.
Swati Kaushal is now settled in the US with her husband and 2 kids and is working on “Sweet Cyanide” the sequel of Drop Dead.
For her, money and job security were not so much of importance than what she was passionate about. In her own words, “it is the process that I enjoy and achieving success is just the icing on the cake.” She also says, “I find inspiration wherever I look for it.”
She herself is a big fan of Elizabeth Gilbert, “author of Eat, Pray, Love” and whose words still inspire her. She said, “Everyone has a talent. And they know what that is. And any talent you don’t use can become a burden for you and make you miserable. So use your talent!!!”
Isn’it this inspiring? We should never give up our dreams, hopes and aspirations. Follow your passion to do the best in your life.
Top 6 Policies Adopted by Hindustan Unilever to Maintain Work Life Balance
Hindustan Unilever (HUL), India’s largest FMCG company, has introduced certain policies in order to maintain the perfect balance between professional and personal lives for the overall betterment of its employees. These are wonderful work-life balance initiatives taken by HUL, the company with over 80 years of existence in the country, manufacturing some of the best known products used by almost the entire population. These policies adopted by the company have helped its employees, especially the women employees to go hand-in-hand with work, fun and family.
- Policy of Career Break: Any manager of HUL is allowed to take a break of a period of 5 years in total. This is known as Career Break policy. Any manager can avail this policy for various reasons, be it leave for higher study, child care, paternity, maternity, sabbatical or pursuing any interest or hobby etc. Such a career break policy will help the employees to manage a perfect work life balance.
- Facilities in the Work Place: HUL’s head office at Mumbai is available with all facilities that allow employees to work as well to have fun. There are day-care facilities inside the office complex, helpful for the new mothers. You will also find bank, cafe, shopping centre, florist at the office premise. The office is also furnished with a gymnasium. There are drop facilities available for women employees working late escorted by guards. Such facilities available inside the office premises not only ensure a perfect working environment but also help the employees to perform better.
- Maternity and Paternity Support: Another advantageous initiative adopted by the company is the launching of the integrated online portal called Maternity and Paternity Support (MAPS), which enables employees taking maternity or paternity leaves to keep themselves associated with their job responsibilities and company’s events and news via various tools, resources and guidance during this transition period. So anyone who joins the organisation after a break does not take time to come back on the track.
- Agile Working: HUL is known for its technology-enabled environment that helps employees to avail policies like as flexible hours, work from home, and part-time working, reduced hours and also a job share policy. Such policies are very helpful for women employees to maintain a perfect work life balance.
- Lamplighter Employee Programme: The company has also introduced a health incentive program by the name of “Lamplighter Employee Programme”, which enables employees to address health issues and eliminate health risks. There are regular checks on the fitness, mental condition and the nutrition level of employees. On the basis of the health quotient, the employees are assigned colour codes (green, amber and red). There is also the Medical and Occupational Health Team which encourages employees to adopt a healthy lifestyle through various health promotion and protection programmes and help employees to transit from Red (bad health) to Amber and from Amber to Green (good health).
- Career by Choice programme: This is a program solely adopted for the women employees to give them a direction to join work after a long gap. Any women employee joining back after a long break, be it for maternity or marriage or sickness or any other reason, is given a structured induction training program to gradually move to the work life.
GharSeNaukri is acting towards balancing a work life balance in women’s career by providing work from home opportunities by creating jobs from corporate’s.
Gharsenaukri.com, led by a team of dedicated and experienced professionals, is a unique online platform wherein educated, skilled, experienced or inexperienced women can get wonderful work-from-home job opportunities. Whether you are a wife or a mother or a fresher, there are many circumstances in life where you do not get a chance to go out and join the professional world for a regular 9 to 5 job. GharSeNaukri was incepted for all women who want to work and earn by staying at home. The sole intention was to empower women and make them financially independent.
Whatever the reasons for not working, now is the chance not to waste your education and skills. Use your education, skill and experience to get the job you desire. The best part is that YOU WORK FROM HOME and YOU EARN. All you need is to register on our site Gharsenaukri.com, fill in your personal details, qualifications and experience and apply for the desired jobs. This is what it makes the portal unique from other job portals.
What we offer for employers?
While everyone is talking about women empowerment and doing nothing, we have already taken the step forward. We have this platform for women to join and get jobs. At the same time, we also have registered employers who are in search of desired candidates for various jobs. This is a single window for all employers to find their candidate in any industry domain to work for them at home.
Nowadays, there are many organisations (start-ups/medium/small/large) in the country, which are looking for work-from-home professionals to get their jobs done. Employers are nowadays well aware of the fact that women are far better than men in terms of sincerity, reliability, loyalty, and also work efficiency. GharSeNaukri is not only a platform for women to look for job opportunities, but also a platform for employers to look for suitable candidates who can offer the best services while working from home.
Finding the right professional as a freelancer or as someone to work from home is very crucial for the success of any organisation/employer. With this thought in mind, GharSeNaukri.com has come up with this unique idea of connecting both women job seekers and job providers/employers.
We appreciate if more and more employers and organizations come forward to join this job search platform and take at least a small step forward toward women empowerment by offering them suitable jobs that they can do sitting at home. Right from Content Writing, Fashion Blogging to Technical jobs such as PHP Developers, Wed designers, we have jobs for all women, be they be housewives or working professionals.
- Employer Sign-Up: Register with us as an employer.
- Post A Job Opportunity: Describe in details what services you are looking for.
- Post An Engagement Opportunity
- Hiring Services
- Search Resumes: We have for our employers a comprehensive list of resumes of women candidates so that they can shortlist a number of candidates for a certain job profile and choose the perfect one.
COME and BE A PART OF GHARSENAUKRI and help us to empower more and more women.
Want to hire or looking for candidates.
Write back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GharSeNaukri is not simply a platform for women to find out opportunities to work from home, it is also a platform where women can enhance their skills to start something of their own. GharSeNaukri provides this unique opportunity for women to take online training programs, get to know and learn new skills and use the knowledge gained to work and earn.
Work from Home Training Programs offered by GharSeNaukri
The training is provided in the form of online training package for each category. Interested women can register on the site and send in their request. GharSeNaukri offers the following programs for women.
- Entrepreneurship training
- Recruiting training
- Home Tutoring
- Freelance Writing
- Fundamental Skill Training
- Digital training
Why such Training’s are necessary for women?
- Create a space in your life: Being a woman, you have to handle a lot many things. Right from looking after your husband, kids, in-laws, parents, family to handling hundreds of household chores, you might feel that you have enough in your plate and there is no time to learn anything new. Setting unrealistic standards for yourself to manage each and everything in the house is one of the most common mistakes a stay-at-home woman makes. Sooner or later, you will realize that you have given your entire time of your life for others. So, it is necessary to draw boundaries and create a space in your life.
- Learn new skills: It is said that there is no end to learning. You learn and you grow. The moment you stop learning, you will face stagnation in your life. Learning a new skill is always helpful. It keeps you busy and keeps your mind active. Most importantly you can use your skill to earn money.
- Financial independence: If you consider the long-term benefit of learning something new, you will realize that it is always better to be independent and self-financing, no matter how rich you are. Maintain your self-esteem. No matter how rich your husband is, when you earn something on your own, there is a different kind of satisfaction altogether. To contribute to the family, to buy something you desire for yourself and your kids, to go for a vacation with your own money – these are the little joys in your life which you can achieve if you earn on your own.
- Your self esteem increases: When you learn and earn, it not only helps in your personal and professional growth but also in your self esteem. You are better enabled, equipped and empowered to make decisions. You contribute to the family. And ofcourse, you will be happier and satisfied person.
Work from home
There are many who prefer to stay at home due to family obligations or other issues but at the same time want to earn money for themselves. You can work from home and earn money. This way, you can give time to both your family and work and maintain a work-life balance. Hence, GharseNaukri has come up with some relevant training programs to enable stay-at-home moms to get trained online for skills like as Entrepreneurship, Home Tutoring, Freelancing Content, Digital Marketing and so on. Such training programs will help you to get work-from-home opportunities.
7 essential benefits of training programs offered by GharSeNaukri
- You don’t have to go out of your house to get training. Get training at the comforts of your home
- Buy our training package and get trained online
- An easy way for skill enhancement at home
- The training modules are designed in such a way that it can be easily accessed online and the training courses are created in simple and easy way to understand by one and all.
- Our team is always available to guide you in every aspect. We are available 24×7 to offer you guidance and support
- These online training packages are available at very cost effective rates compared to the ones available in the market.
- Last but not the least, we offer you opportunities where you can use your skills to work from home and earn money.
- Are you interested to be a part of an exciting career opportunity with a leading travel company without stepping out of your home?
- Are you looking for a real flexible job that interests you and gives you loads of money?
- Are you looking for some ways to contribute to your home without a regular 9 to 5 job?
If your answer is YES, then, look no further. GharseNaukri along with its sponsored partner SOTC offers this exiting flexi-time career in the travel and tourism industry, one of the fastest growing sectors in the country today.
Yes, join SOTC as a Holiday Advisor or Holiday Consultant. This is a unique business and earning opportunity brought to you by SOTC, the leading Tourism company of the country. This is a complete work-from-home opportunity. Whether you are a housewife, a mother, a professional, a business woman or a retired professional, this opportunity is just perfect for all female candidates.
As a Holiday Consultant, you will get a chance to be associated with SOTC, the country’s leading travel brand.
- What is your job? As a Holiday Expert, you need to sell holiday packages to interested customers. For each holiday package that you sell, you get a commission from SOTC.
- How? Not to worry. SOTC will provide you with complete training, sales and marketing, and other support before you start your work.
- What you need? You just need a computer or a laptop with steady internet connection and a phone.
What rewarding benefits you get as a Holiday Consultant?
This is a rewarding opportunity to work and earn from the comforts of your home. The best part is that you earn as much as you want. The more you sell, the more you get. This system of attractive commission structure from SOTC offers you a regular flow of income every month. Besides the commission money, you also get attractive benefits and perks, accolades and yes, free vacations to international and domestic destinations.
- No investment
- No stress
- No targets
- Flexible timing
- You work from home
- You are your own boss
- You take your own decisions
- Full training and support by SOTC
- Free vacations to destinations of your choice with your family
And of course, the most essential benefit is that YOU EARN without stepping out of your home. How cool is that!!!
If you are above 18 years and you have passed class 12, if you are self-motivated and initiative driven, have good communication skills, and confident of relationship building, then you are just perfect to be a Holiday Consultant. And if you love travelling and sharing your travel experiences and advises to others, it’s an added advantage.
So what are you waiting for?
Become an SOTC Holiday Consultant and help people choose the most lucrative holiday deals, creating the best memorable experiences they have ever had.
If the idea of a Holiday Consultant excites you, then send in your resume at email@example.com as soon as possible.
SOTC Travel Limited (Previously SOTC Travel Pvt. Ltd.) is a subsidiary company of Fairfax Financial Holdings Group with its Indian subsidiary, Thomas Cook (India) Limited (TCIL). It is one of the premium travel and tourism companies of the country, offering travel and tour packages for Leisure, Incentive and Business Travel to lakhs of travelers to various destinations around the world. Established in 1949, it is one among the leaders in segments like as Escorted Group Tours, Customized Holidays, Holidays of India and Incentive Travel for the last 68 years.
It is said that when you have the dreams to do big and the wings to fly to reach your dreams and fulfil your passion, nobody can stop you. This is exactly proved by Mrs. Anamika Majumdar, a housewife and a social worker from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. On October 3, 2017, she became the first winner of Rs. 1 crore in the ninth and the current season of the popular TV show Kaun Banega Crorepati.
Anamika was very practical and was very steady in her approach to give her answers in the quiz show. In the 1 crore question, she was left with no lifelines but even then she chose the correct answer after reasoning with all the options. Her confidence, risk taking attitude and practical approach impressed even Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, the host of the show. She also made to the jackpot question of Rs. 7 crore but decided to quit as she didn’t knew the answer, which made it clear that she was not carried away by greed. Forty one years of age, married with two kids, a son and a daughter, she played the game with confidence. Her knowledge and reasoning skills made her win the game.
Let us now know more about Mrs. Anamika Majumdar
She is just one among the many women in India: a mother, a wife and a homemaker. She is also a social worker who runs an NGO of her own by the name of “Faith in India”. Her NGO does charity works to help under-privileged children and uplifting of women in Jharkand. She is a commerce graduate and was forced into marriage by her parents though she had dreams of doing big for herself. Her husband is 10 years older to her and never appreciated her spending too much time on social works and neglecting her children. But it was her passion to help the poor and her passion was her life. She has been doing her duties as a mother and a wife diligently but at the same time continues with her social services, which gives her solace and mental peace.
What made her participate in the show?
Since her NGO does not have much funds and she always have the desire to help the poor and downtrodden in the society, this became her motivation to participate in the show.
How did she prepare for the show?
Anamika said that for two weeks before the show, she prepared a lot reading various quiz books. However, she was always fond of watching quiz shows on television. With her 2 children growing up, though she didn’t get much time to watch TV, she used to read about current affairs and general news a lot which help her a lot in the game. She also said that she was lucky enough to get questions pertaining to the areas which she had studied.
How will she spent the prize money?
She said that with her prize money, she will now be able to contribute more for her NGO and work towards uplifting the women of her locality and help the poor children. Though like every other normal woman, she was initially been tempted to use her money immediately but she prevented herself from doing it. She will come up with the best possible way to utilize her money in a good way. Infact, she was also advised by Mr. Bachchan to use this huge amount wisely and not take any hasty decision.
Anamika Majumdar also said that she wanted to dedicate her win of Kaun Banega Crorepati to her “peepal tree” with whom she used to have a telepathic conversation every day. She considered her peepal tree as her best friend and her constant support all these years.
We the team of GharSeNaukri congratulate Mrs. Anamika Majumdar and wish her all luck and success in her life. This story should also be an eye opener for thousands of Indian women not to let go off their passions and dream big for their lives.