Many people are of opinion that doing a work-from-home job is a cakewalk. The reason being, you don’t have to go out of the house, you don’t have to waste time dressing up and getting ready, you don’t have to prepare lunch for work and you work according to your convenience. Again, many professional women leave their full-time jobs, and opt for flexible or work-from-home jobs only to enjoy a proper work-life balance. While this is true, this can only be fulfilled only when there is proper time management. So, managing time is the need of the hour to maintain a perfect work-life balance, whether you work in the office or at home.
Some Quick Tips to Manage Time in a Work from Home Job
- Identify the important tasks and complete those tasks first: Whether you work from home or in an office for a regular 9 to 5 job, deadline is required to complete the task, so you need to schedule your time accordingly. So, one most important role of time management is to focus on the important tasks first, the most crucial ones to complete. Try to complete those tasks first and then move over to the other tasks.
- Devote your time on the work when you start working: When you work from home, it does not mean that you are available for work all the time. Schedule your time as per your convenience, find a quiet place to work and give your entire focus to the task at hand during that time. Concentrate on this work only and nothing else. This way, you can complete your work much faster.
- Start early: Since you work from home, you do not have to follow the 9 to 5 schedule. Rather start early your work. Do not procrastinate. Get up early in the morning and try to schedule your home tasks and office tasks.
- Don’t stress on unimportant details: You are given a task with some missing details. Now, you have to wait till the time someone answers your query. The thumb rule is that move over to the next task, complete it and then come back to the previous one when you get all the information. It is no use wasting time on a project which drags you down for some small details.
- Fix up time to complete a task: When you sit down to work and you have a number of tasks to complete, always fix up few hours for completion of each task. For instance, do not think “I will sit on this task till it is completed”. Rather, think, “I will complete this work in 2 hours”. This will let you focus more and be more efficient.
- Leave a spare-time between tasks: When you take up one task after the other during your work-from-home job, it’s difficult to stay focused and motivated all the time. So, give a buffer-time or rest-time between tasks. You can use this time to eat a healthy snack or making a call or surfing the Net, FaceBook, Whatspp, or listen to music or do anything else which gives you some moments of your “free time”. A mere stroll in the garden or some quick breathing and eye exercises are also helpful. Allowing few free moments between tasks can be a breath of fresh air for your busy brains.
- Be organized: Being organized is another way to manage time. Create your own space for working. Create a filing system for documents and files. Create a tasks list for the entire month or for the week and make sure you complete those tasks. An organized task list guides you from morning to evening to help you increase productivity in the most effective way.
- Regular sleep: Do not sacrifice your sleep for work. Many women feel that while they are busy in their household chores during the day-time, they can do their office work during the time the others sleep. But, this is a very wrong practice. Lack of sleep hampers your productivity. So, 7 to 8 hours of sleep is a must.
- Work smarter not harder: Be committed towards your work. But, enjoy what you do. So, to maintain a proper work-life balance, you need to not only work hard but also work smarter. Set your commitments in such a way that that you enjoy your life, even while you’re working. Be open to opportunity and don’t let your passions die down.
For excellent work-from-home opportunities join GharSeNaukri.com and manage your time efficiently.