Gender diversity at workplace is a common problem in India. According to an HR report published in 2018, only 20% to 30% of the overall workforce is occupied by women in India. With time and experience, when they are eligible to move into mid-management level or senior level, many of them leave their jobs. It is a common scenario in India, when women of our country cannot pursue a career for long or have to leave their jobs midway due to motherhood and family responsibilities. Thankfully, the concept of work-from-home jobs is slowly picking up in our country. If as a woman, you really want to maintain a perfect balance between family and work life, without sacrificing your career, you should definitely consider a work-from-home job.
Now, the big question is HOW? Given below are few essential tips to take the plunge
- Turn Your Present Job into a Work-from-Home Job: The logical way to start a work-from-home job is to start on something that you know or you are already doing. So, check out the feasibility of whether your present job can be done from home or not. Request your employer to give you the permission to work from home. It’s entirely your convincing power with your employer that can help you to switch your present job in to a work-from-home job.
- Look for a new job: If you are very much keen to take up a work-from-home job and your company/employer does not allow you to do so, then it is time for you to look for a new job that offers the provision of working from home. One of the best ways to do so is to register on reputed job portals with your complete details and updated CV but with the option of opting for a part-time job or flexible job. This way, it becomes easier for you to narrow down your search for a new job.
- Work as a freelancer: This is one of the best options to work from home. Start as a freelancer or consultant. Working as a freelancer allows you to work as per your convenience and you can have a handful of clients with whom you can work on a regular basis. There are many freelancing opportunities available in the field of designing, content writing, recruiting, tele-calling, data entry, and so on.
- Start your own home business: Like freelancing, women can also start a home business where there is more flexibility in their work schedule. Home business in catering, baking, chocolate making, making handmade crafts and arts. have become very popular in recent time. Your artistic or creative skills can pave the path for a home business for you.
- Develop new skills and take up a new career profile: Suppose, your current job has no chance of being transformed into a work-from-home job or suppose you do not have an entrepreneurial bent of mind. Then, consider opting for a new career. All you have to do is to develop or learn some new skills to take up a new career that allows you to work from home.