According to two different survey reports undertaken by Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Glassdoor recently, the following recruiting stats were revealed. These recruiting stats were compiled after taking a survey of employees of different organisations spread all across the globe over a period of the last few years. The emerging HR recruiting trends will definitely help recruiters to change their existing recruiting strategies and adopt new ones in near future.
Emerging HR Recruiting Trends
- The use of social media for recruitment has grown more than 50% in the last 5 years. SHRM report mentioned that 80% of organizations are now recruiting job aspirants on social media whereas it was only 56% in 2011.
- The number of online job seekers over the years has increased tremendously. Most employees (almost 54% of Americans) make use of Google to research available jobs, and 45% apply for jobs online.
- Infact, for senior managerial positions also, the social media platform was used by most companies (almost 80%). Social media platform has also been used by job seekers in their job search (78%). Especially for the young aspirants and those with 10 years of experience, this figure increases to 86%.
- It has also been revealed that 1 in 5 have applied for a job they learned about through social media.
- Smartphones have been used by 28% of job seekers to search jobs, especially the young ones in the age group of 18-25 years.
- It has become more difficult for recruiting those with longer hiring cycles, more competition, and more salary expectations.
- As per LinkedIn Global Recruiting Trends 2016 Report, time to fill open positions has grown since 2014 whereas unfilled positions are remaining open longer because of unmatched salary requirements. This means,higher salaries for new hires at present.
- An employer’s brand can determine whether an individual considers applying for, accepting, and keeping a job. More than 80% survey respondents revealed that they would leave their current company if another company with a reputable name offered them a job.
- Three factors that matter most to job seekers and even experienced ones are (1) growth opportunities, (2) retirement benefits, and (3) work culture.
- Last but not the least, there is the growing gig economy. Almost 50% of workers in USA prefer remote or flexible jobs. This trend is also seen in Indian job market.
GharSeNaukri.com and HR Recruiting Trends
Considering the importance of women empowerment and going by the recent trends in flexible job opportunities, GharSeNaukri.com takes the lead in offering part time, flexible, remote job opportunities for women. The company is also involved providing HR solutions and services as per the latest HR trends and methodologies.